Congrats to Team BikeCurious for a fun and successful event!
- So Cute We Puked Dancing Couple
- Awesomest Dancer
- Most Inventive Dance Move (or Who Knew a Body Could Move Like That)
- Best Rhythmic Dancer
- Most Affected "Dancer" (Too Cool for School)
- Dance Floor Slut (referring to quantity not quality of said dancing)
- Biggest Bribe (or You're So Good At This, You Could Have Been a Lobbyist)
- Dancer that Best Imitated an Aerobics Dancer
There was a wide variety of music to ensure that a broad swath of attendees would be seduced into dance. And it worked. At the end of the night, the dance floor was teeming with a divers set of folks who you might not ever see in one place again-from Dundalkians to Station Northers-sweating and laughing together. Not the mention one hula hoop and a lot of freestyle dance moves.
Local all-girl queer art rock power trio The Degenerettes played at 10pm and amped the energy level with their bass-driven jangly fuzzy garage rock and soul. Seriously, there was some serious jammin' and dancin' in the house. Kristen Anchor, the group's drummer, is riding the 140 miles for her first time this year and was one of the powers behind this event. Lead singer and songwriter Rahne Alexander served as emcee for the entire night.
The three bands, the DJ, and the venue all donated their time for this event and all can't wait to do it again.