Hey veteran riders,
Because you've done this ride before, you may think you know everything you need to have a great ride weekend. If you know how to have fun, you know the most important thing. But you also need to know about...
- New ride start location! If you've made a hotel reservation in Rehoboth, change it now! This year we're starting in Ocean City, MD.
- No bike pick up at the Orleans Street Garage: If you are riding the bus to Ocean City, you need to make sure you drop off your bike at the offices of Moveable Feast before noon on Friday. DO NOT go to the garage with your bike as you will be told to take it to the offices of Moveable Feast and you could potentially miss the bus, which leaves promptly at 12:30. More details can be found in April 27th's Rider email. Direct link here.
- No bike storage at ride start. In the past, we've been able to store your bike for you on Friday night. At this year's new start location, we don't have room. Make sure you can store your bike wherever you're staying Friday night.
- New route! Ok, this one should be obvious now. Since we're starting in a new location, the route will be very different from years past. Possibly even without chicken farms! But like always, it will be well marked and patrolled by our loyal SAG vehicles.
- You must carry a cell phone during the ride. With this year’s ride, we are requiring all riders to carry their cell phone with them in case for any reason we need to track you down.
- Must bring your own Cue Sheet Holder. Unless you purchased one when registering online, you will not receive a cue sheet holder in your rider goodie bag.
- Riders must use official SAGs only. If you need to stop early or skip ahead a few pits, you must do so in an official, marked SAG vehicle. If you wish to leave with a friend or family member, they can pick you up at the pit stop to which the SAG takes you.
- Staying at a hotel Saturday night? Then plan on having breakfast at the hotel Sunday morning. In order to allow our riders to have more time to sleep on Sunday morning, this year we will NOT be picking riders up from the hotel and taking them to Chesapeake College. We will instead transport riders directly over the Chesapeake Bridge to Broadneck Park where our Sunday portion of the ride will begin. So make sure you leave breakfast and fill up your water bottles before you leave the hotel.
- Riders MUST check-in at AVAM, which is the final pit stop before we arrive at Moveable Feast. Usually at pit stops, our volunteers record your arrival as you breeze into our out of the pits. However, at AVAM, you must stop at the check-in table and give your name to the volunteer who will then give you your ride shirt. Your shirt will be the size you requested during registration.
We hope these changes help you have a positive, efficient, and fun weekend. If you have any questions, please contact Ted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.327.3420 x33.
Thanks for being a part of Ride for the Feast again this year!