Part 1: Pre-Ride Tasks
We are a few weeks away from the 10th annual Ride for the Feast event! Please contact Elana if you need any help with your training or fundraising.
Crew: Another post will be dedicated to your check-in information and other important crew related details.
Now - May 18
Start looking out for great specials and tune-up deals at our participating bike shops. Here is one tune-up event: On Thursday, May 10 at 7:30 PM, come to Joe's Bike Shop in Fells Point (723-B South Broadway) for a full tuneup for only $50 ($75 value!)
Joe's Bike Shop is also a Ride for the Feast bike sponsor this year. A tune-up is not all you'll get--you'll also enjoy music, food, drinks, and tiki good times with the rest of the Team Atomic gang. Aloha! (All proceeds donated to Moveable Feast.)
Not sure if you need a tune-up, then ASK a bike tech! Click here to see a list of our bike sponsors. When you go in, tell them you are with Ride for the Feast and ask if your bike needs a tune-up!
In addition to our great bike sponsors, Baltimore Bicycle Works is also offering discounts for riders. Currently, they are offering $20 off any tune up service from now until the ride.
**They are booking tune ups about a week out, so you should plan ahead to have your bikes serviced.
Need a Bike?
If you or anyone you know needs a bike for RFTF, Baltimore Bicycle Works has bike rental rates at $25 /day. This is the lowest price for rentals we've ever seen! Click here to see their website.
Week of May 14 - 18
Bikes are transported to Ocean City by moving trucks. To have your bike transported, you must drop if off at Moveable Feast during one of the time's below:
- Tuesday, May 15 from 5pm to 7pm- Wednesday, May 16 from 7am to 5pm
- Thursday, May 17 from 7am to 5pm
- Friday, May 18 from 7am to 12:00pm
If the times above are inconvenient for you, we can work together to find another time. There is no charge associated with transporting the bikes; only for taking the bus.
-Drop-Off Location: Moveable Feast, 901 N. Milton Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205. We are just a short drive away from the Johns Hopkins Orleans Street Garage.
Friday, May 18
(1) Bus to Ocean City (for riders ONLY)
Deadline to buy a bus ticket to Ocean City: Wednesday, May 2, Click here to buy a bus ticket.
Bus Depature Information
- Time: Please plan to arrive around noon, as the bus is planning to leave by 12:30 pm.
- Location: Johns Hopkins Orleans Street Garage
- Parking Info: Free parking will be provided – but please carpool if possible.
- Note: No physical bus ticket will be sent to you; instead you will check-in with a Moveable Feast staff member when you arrive to the parking garage on 5/18. DO NOT go to the garage with your bike as you will be told to take it to the offices of Moveable Feast and you could potentially miss the bus.
(2) Rider Check In
- If you are riding the bus to Ocean City, you will be checked in once you board the bus. When you arrive at Atlantic United Methodist Church, please immediately pick-up your rider goody bag and claim your bike.
- If you are not riding the bus to Ocean City, you can check-in at the Atlantic United Methodist Church on Friday night, from 3 - 7 PM.
- Arriving after 7 PM or on Saturday morning? Then check-in Saturday, May 19 from 6 - 7 AM at the Atlantic United Methodist Church. Our ride out will begin promptly at 7:30 AM on Saturday, May 19.
(3) You are responsible for your bikes on Friday night.
If your bike is being transported by Moveable Feast on Friday afternoon, YOU will be responsible for coming to the church between the hours of arrival and 7pm to pick it up and take it with you for the night.
We reccomend checking into your hotel before dinner on Friday night. You will store your bike and luggage wherever you are sleeping Friday night. If you are staying at our free loding option, at St. Pauls By-The-Sea Episcopal Church, you will bring your luggage and bike with you as well. If you are staying at the Dunes Motel, we will help provide transportation for your luggage only. To trave to/from the Dunes Motel, we reccomend you ride your bike or make friends with a volunteer/supporter who has a car.
(5) Friday Night Dinner. We will have a pizza party, with salads and wings, at the Atlantic United Methodist Church started at 6:15 PM. Following dinner there will be a program. Please note: there is a wedding rehersal in the church from 5-6 PM, so we will try to stay out of the church during this time. There will still be volunteers/staff around for check-in, located either outside or in the church hallways.
Please contact me with any questions:
Elana Kanter, Events Manager @ Moveable Feast